Backyard Bliss | Sizzling Smash Burger Tacos on the Loco Cooker
Are you looking for a fun and delicious new twist on classic tacos?
Look no further than smash burger tacos, the viral sensation taking the BBQ world by storm! This unique and flavorful recipe combines the best of both worlds - juicy burgers and tasty tacos - for a mouthwatering meal that your whole family will love. And the best part? You can make them right in your own backyard on your LocoCooker!
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 large sweet onion, diced and sautéed
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Kosmo'sQ Best Sizzling Burger Rub
- 8 small flour tortillas
- Diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, Wickles Hot Pickles, and the Grillionaire's Gourmet Glaze Sauce
- Fresh parsley or cilantro to add as a garnish
Preheat your LocoCooker to medium-high heat.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chuck, sautéed sweet onions, crumbled bacon, and Kosmo'sQ Best Sizzling Burger Rub. Mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
Divide the meat mixture into eight equal portions and roll each into a ball.
Place each meatball onto the LocoCooker and smash down with the tortilla on top of the meatball and a spatula to form a thin patty. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Assemble the tacos by placing a patty on each tortilla and adding your desired toppings.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley or cilantro for a fresh pop of color and flavor
Grillionaire's Gourmet Glaze Sauce
- 1/2 cup Duke's Mayo
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 fresh jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp hot sauce (depending on how spicy you want it)
- In a small bowl, combine the Duke's Mayo, ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, fresh lemon juice, smoked paprika, and hot sauce.
- Mix well until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Add the finely chopped jalapeños to the sauce and stir until evenly distributed.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Add to a bottle for easy application and enjoy on your burgers or tacos!
@grillmarkco Making this sauce will be a winner for your dinner! #recipe #kitchenhack #sauce ♬ Magic Recipe (alternate instrumental) - Colo Colo
What is a LocoCooker?
If you're not familiar with the LocoCooker, it's a must-have for any backyard BBQ enthusiast. This versatile grill/griddle combo allows you to cook a wide variety of dishes, from burgers and hot dogs to veggies and even breakfast foods. With its durable construction and easy-to-use design, the LocoCooker is the perfect addition to any backyard.
Why Smash Burger Tacos Are the Perfect Meal for Your Next BBQ
Not only are smash burger tacos a delicious and unique twist on classic tacos, but they're also incredibly easy to make on the LocoCooker. The combination of juicy ground chuck, sautéed sweet onions, and bacon makes for a flavor explosion that will have your taste buds begging for more. Plus, with toppings like shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, and salsa, you can customize your tacos to your liking.
Tips for Making the Perfect Smash Burger Tacos
To ensure that your smash burger tacos turn out perfectly every time, follow these tips:
- Use high-quality ground chuck for the juiciest, most flavorful burgers.
- Sauté the sweet onions until they're caramelized and tender.
- Crumble the bacon finely so that it's evenly distributed throughout the meat mixture.
- Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty when mixing the meatball ingredients - this will ensure that everything is evenly combined.
- Use Kosmo'sQ Best Sizzling Burger Rub for the perfect blend of savory and spicy seasonings.
- Be sure to smash the patties down with a spatula to create a thin, crispy crust on the outside.
- Warm the tortillas on the LocoCooker for a few seconds on each side to give them a slight char.
Smash burger tacos are a fun and delicious new twist on classic tacos that are perfect for your next backyard BBQ. And with the LocoCooker, making them is easier than ever before. So fire up the grill, mix up a batch of meatballs, and join me outside by the grill with the innovative, creative, AND DELICIOUS cook!
Check out the video below and make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel, or any socials! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think or how it turned out!
Leave a comment