Pulled Pork Bombs | A Recipe Exploding with Flavor and Tenderness
Today, I'm about to share with you a bomb-tastic recipe that will leave your taste buds exploding with flavor.
Imagine succulent chunks of high-quality, boneless pork butt, rubbed with my special blend of KosmosQ Honey Killer Bee, SPG, and Dirty Bird seasoning, and slow-smoked to juicy perfection on my Grilla Grills Silverbac. But wait, there's more! We're not just talking about ordinary pulled pork here. No, no, no. These are Pulled Pork Bombs, and they're unlike anything you've ever tasted before. Get ready to experience the ultimate pork confit, where tender, melt-in-your-mouth pork awaits, and you get to be the shredding master. Intrigued? Well, read on, my friends, or better yet, check out my YouTube video below if you're a visual learner. Let's get ready to make some pork magic happen! But first, let me share with you how I got this bomb-diggity recipe.
Now, let me tell you how I stumbled upon this epic Pulled Pork Bombs recipe. You see, I have a good friend and cooking mentor, Chef Eric Gephart, who's a master of all things barbecue. One day, I had the pleasure of cooking with him at an outdoor grilling event for Kamado Joe, and he blew my mind with these Pulled Pork Bombs.
I was in awe of the tenderness and flavor of the pork, and I knew I had to learn how to recreate it at home. So, being the Grillionaire™ that I am, I went straight to Chef Eric and begged him to share his secrets with me. Lucky for me, he was kind enough to spill the beans and pass on this incredible recipe. Now, I've put my own spin on it by cooking them on my trusty Grilla Grills Silverbac pellet grill, but Chef Eric originally cooked them on a Kamado-style grill. So, you can trust that this recipe has been perfected by two barbecue aficionados. Without further ado, let's dive into the details of making these mind-blowing Pulled Pork Bombs! Let's get grillin'!
To make my Pulled Pork Bombs, you'll need the following ingredients:
- High-quality boneless pork butt, cut into 12 oz. chunks
- KosmosQ Honey Killer Bee, SPG, and Dirty Bird rubs (mixed in equal parts) USE CODE "GRILLMARK" on the KosmosQ website for 10% off your entire order!
- Commercial food grade cellophane
- Aluminum pan
- Aluminum foil
- Grilla Grills Silverbac for smoking
- Typhur Instaprobe for checking doneness
- Start by preparing your pork chunks. Remove the fat cap from the pork butt and cut it into equal 12 oz. chunks. Smaller than a softball but bigger than a baseball.
- Generously season each chunk with your favorite BBQ rub blend. I personally love using a mixture of KosmosQ Honey Killer Bee, SPG, and Dirty Bird for the perfect balance of sweetness, saltiness, and savory flavors.
- Fire up your Grilla Grills Silverbac and set it to smoke at a temperature below 225ºF for indirect heat.
- Place the seasoned pork chunks on the smoker grates and let them smoke for 2 hours, flipping them after the first hour to ensure even smoke and heat distribution.
- After 2 hours, carefully wrap each pork chunk tightly in commercial food grade cellophane. Place the wrapped chunks in an aluminum pan and cover the pan with aluminum foil to create a seal. DO NOT STACK. Make sure all of the wrapped bork bombs are touching the bottom of the pan to cook evenly.
- Continue cooking the pork chunks in the pan for another 4 to 5 hours, checking for tenderness. You can use a Typhur Instaprobe to probe the meat and check for doneness. We're not looking for a specific internal temperature, but rather a tender texture that's easy to shred with just a slight touch.
- Once the pork chunks are tender to the touch, remove them from the smoker and cut open the cellophane. The pork should effortlessly fall apart, revealing the mouthwatering, melt-in-your-mouth texture of pork confit.
- Serve the Pulled Pork Bombs hot and watch as your guests eagerly shred the juicy pork with excitement. It's a dining experience like no other!
Pulled Pork Bombs are a game-changer in the world of barbecue. Thanks to Chef Eric Gephart's inspiration and my own tinkering, this recipe is truly one of a kind. So, if you're ready to impress your taste buds and your guests with a dish that's bursting with flavor and tenderness, then it's time to give these Pulled Pork Bombs a try. Don't forget to subscribe to my Grill Mark Co. channel for more mouthwatering recipes and grilling tips, and be sure to watch the video below for step-by-step instructions on how to create these bomb-tastic pork confit bites. Happy grilling, and may your taste buds be forever grateful!
Cheers from the Grillionaire.
Leave a comment