Take a Dip In This Cheesy And Smoky Appetizer
This dip is sure to be a touchdown at your NEXT tailgate!
We all know that this is tailgating season. Football is in the crisp, fall air. Smoke from the grills are cooking constantly. Delicious food is being plated for the family and friends as they cheer on their favorite team. I love fall and I LOVE this recipe!
Making a game-changing dip can amp up your cooking abilities and can be a go to play call that will ensure a touchdown. I get it, enough of the football metaphors, let's get to that recipe! I got my inspiration from THE Malcom Reed on a TikTok he made. Of course, I added my own spin to it, and so can you! First, the video from Malcom, and then my recipe with a link to my video for this recipe below!
First, Malcom's Version
@howtobbqright Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip — Big Gringo Boy APPROVED! ✅ #diprecipe #appetizeridea #tailgating #gamedayfood #pelletgrill #howtobbqright #foryou #fyp ♬ Jarabe Tapatio - (Mexican Hat Dance) - Sr Ortegon
Now, as much as I would like to claim this recipe as my own, I got this from Malcom. And let's be honest, barbecue is really just taking others recipes and putting your own spin on it. Malcom is Herculean in the world of que, so I thought I could reach for the mountain top, go the distance, and make something better....and I DID! (Also, those were a few sprinkles of the Disney movie "Hercules")
Without further ado, here is MY version of the Smoked Cheesy Enchilada Dip
Grill Mark's Version AKA The BETTER Version
- 2 Chicken Breasts- Smoked and Pulled
- 1lb of Breakfast Sausage Hot- Browned and Drained
- 1 can of Hatch Green Chillies
- 1 can of Hatch Enchilada Sauce
- Salsa Verde Sauce
- Kosmo's Q Freakin Fiesta Rub
- Kosmo's Q Garlic Jalapeño Rub
- 8oz of Cream Cheese
- 8oz of Sour Cream
- 8oz of Mexican Blend or Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 8oz of Mozzarella Cheese
- Pre-Smoke your chicken with a covering of the Freakin Fiesta and the Garlic Jalapeño until 165ºF internally. Once cooled, pull the chicken.
- Brown and drain the sausage and set aside.
- Bring your smoker (I use the Monument Grills Pellet Smoker) up to 350ºF.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl. Use as little or as much rub as you like. When mixing, only 4oz of each of the shredded cheeses. Do NOT use the enchilada sauce just yet!
- Once mixed well, put into a greased dish and spread evenly.
- Pour the enchilada sauce over the top and spread on top of the mixture.
- Add the remaining shredded cheese on top.
- Put on the smoker for forty minutes at 350ºF.
- Once the time is up, check to see if the sides are bubbling and the cheese is melted.
- Let cool for ten minutes
- Top with green onions and cilantro, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Dips are REALLY easy and can be VERY fun to make. The end result will always be a crowd pleaser. Check out my YouTube channel for THIS recipe and weekly grilling tips and tricks! New videos released every Thursday.
Until next time, make sure you eat well, do well, and serve some DAMN good food!
Leave a comment